Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tapas Brasileiras Oito (#8): Segunda-feira Fotografia (Monday Photography)



From a perspective of “What happened today that people want to read about?”, Monday was not very interesting.  Chato (Boring) would be a better term.  Hajira and I spent a full day, heads-down working on our finished documents. 

However, there are 2 items I photographed that I wanted to share.

First, there is Ipe’s dog:  Amora.  She was abandoned and Ipe adopted her several years ago.  When she interacts 1-on-1 with a human, she has an awesome personality.  All she wants to do is play fetch and receive attention. 

       Photo   Photo

Secondly, there are the fruits of the cerrado.  The property next door contains a beautiful guava tree.   Several of the fruits were ripe and Itamar cut one open.  In Tampa, the color of guava comes from a jar because we buy guava jelly.  It is a dark maroon color and this is my only color association with guava.  When I saw the pink flesh of a fresh, ripe guava, I couldn’t believe my eyes.  What an amazing, beautiful color!

            Photo    Photo

#ibmcsc brazil

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joel. This is actually Niurka on Camile's ID. I continue to thoroughly enjoy your blogs. The experience seems so simple and yet so satisfying. And I was hoping for you, that it would be that way. I am so happy that you are totally open to everything this richly distinct and foreign location has to offer.
    I spoke with Elaine Harmon this morning. She asked me to pass on, that she is truly enjoying your blog. She said it makes her feel as if she were there living your experiences. This is quite a compliment from a life-long educator! Continue to enjoy and blog! love, Niurka

    ReplyDelete