Monday, September 23, 2013

Should I Stay or Should I Go?



This weekend, thirteen of the fifteen person IBM CSC team chose to travel to a hot springs about 200 km slightly northwest of Uberlandia.   (It takes approximately 3 hours to drive there.)  The team planned on leaving (by bus) at about 8:30AM on Saturday and make the trip to Caldos Novas & Rio Quente Resort. They planned on returning mid to late Sunday afternoon.

Radhesh and I were the 2 lone IBMers who opted to stay in Uberlandia for the weekend.  For me, I chose to stay because next weekend (9/28 & 9/29) is our last weekend in Uberlandia.  Even during the 3 month pre-work phase of our CSC assignment, we have constantly been reminded to not make any plans and that the last weekend will be consumed by final preparations.  We will need to finalize our .ppt for the mayor.  Our final deliverables for Ipe (about 5 – 6 documents) will require finalization.  We will probably want to start thinking about the logistics of packing and leaving on Saturday, 10/5.  

           Photo   Photo

I’ve been dealing with a minor sinus infection and sore throat for the first 2 weeks of my assignment.  Unfortunately (and fortunately), the infection didn’t get worse, but it didn’t get better.  For me, I was looking forward to getting a good night sleep and trying to knock back my infection. 

During the afternoon and evening, my hotel room ended up being my abode.  There were deliverables to work on, baseball scores to check on the internet, and college football to periodically peek in at via the web.  Also, I started reading a wonderful book (The Flower in Tibet) which was given to me by Camila, Itamar’s wife.  Her book documents a personal, one year pilgrimage to India and Tibet that forever changed her life.  (As the first line in the Foreword states, “The Flower in Tibet is the story of a quest for the soul by itself.”)

           Photo   Photo

Even though the day was boring (when compared to my other blogs), I got a lot accomplished and retired around 10:30PM BST.  

#ibmcsc brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment