Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Inauspicious Start to the Day

At about 12:20 Wednesday morning, the power went out at our hotel.  Fortunately, my ThinkPad was powered up and the screen provided my room with some light.  Otherwise, it was pitch black in the rest of my room and in the hallways.  (There was no emergency lighting in the halls.)  Power was restored some time between 1AM and 4AM. 

While I was at breakfast, the power went out again.  Before meeting the rest of my team, I had to get back to my room on the 9th floor, gather my backpack, and head back down to the lobby.  Walking up and down 8 - 9 flights of stairs, with little or no light in the stairwell, is a bit disconcerting. 

Yesterday, the Ipe statement of work (SoW) was confirmed, so today, we knew what we had to do and were ready to hit the ground running.  The day flew by because there were many people to interview and topics to cover. 

Here is a random sampling of some pictures which includes the grounds at Ipe, creative uses of recyclable materials in Ipe's courtyard walls, some of Brazil's local food and fruits, and CSC teams working with staff members at Ipe. 

Photo Photo
Photo  Photo    Photo               
Photo Photo Photo
Photo  Photo  Photo
 Photo   Photo

#ibmcsc brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment